Absurdist Monthly Review is a free, PDF, writers magazine for people interested in exploring absurdist literary theory, experimental writing techniques and the history of absurdism.
Founded in April of 2006, AMR's goal is to bring literary absurdism into the public light and aid absurdist writers in publication.
AMR publishes erratically every 48 to 55 days. Writers are encouraged to read over a few issues to get a feel for the magazine, then take a look at the guidelines. Pieces longer than the recommended length can be excerpted with links to the complete text.
Subscribe to AMR (the blue bar at the top of your screen) to receive new issue announcements, publication opportunities and items of general interest to the new absurdist community.
There are lot's of ways to get involved with the New Absurdist movement and Absurdist Monthly Review:
- Join The New Absurdist writers site. You can add your stories to the post & connect with other absurdists on the forum.
- Subscribe to Absurdist Monthly Review to be sure to get each new issue.
- Follow the AMR Theory Blast on Twitter.
- Join The New Absurdist Facebook group
- Join AMR on MySpace
- Start your own writers magazine. Choice breeds readership.