- You can't imagine how stupid the whole world has grown nowadays.
- Realism provides only amoral observation, while absurdism rejects even the possibility of debate.
- Go on failing. Go on. Only next time, try to fail better.
- James Joyce was a synthesizer, trying to bring in as much as he could. I am an analyzer, trying to leave out as much as I can.
- No society has been able to abolish human sadness, no political system can deliver us from the pain of living, from our fear of death, our thirst for the absolute. It is the human condition that directs the social condition, not vice versa.
- Living is abnormal.
- I was most happy when pen and paper were taken from me and I was forbidden from doing anything. I had no anxiety about doing nothing by my own fault, my conscience was clear, and I was happy. This was when I was in prison.
- By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
- Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy.
- I found the offer of a knighthood something that I couldn't possibly accept. I found it to be somehow squalid, a knighthood. There's a relationship to government about knights.